The Bless Baltimore Prayer Motorcade (June 20)
On Saturday, June 20, 2015, city pastors, community leaders and police will engage in a unity and prayer rally. The rally has been organized by the Multi-Cultural Prayer Movement of Baltimore: 400 participating churches in the Mid-Atlantic Region. In strategic community engagement, the allied churches will address root causes of poverty and unrest in Baltimore and all of Maryland.
All Baltimore residents are invited to join Lt. Col. Melvin Russell, chief of Community Partnerships Baltimore Police, and a host of faith leaders from across Baltimore in a Bless Baltimore Prayer Motorcade to some of the city's most intense sites of violence. Faith leaders include:
- Bishop Angel Nunez (Bilingual Christian Church)
- Bishop Clifford Johnson/Pastor Darryl Brace (Mt. Pleasant Church)
- Bishop Willard Saunders (Created For So Much More)
- Bishop Mike McDermott (Life Source Int'l)
- Bishop Marcus Johnson (New Harvest Ministries)
- Pastor Matt Stevens (Somebody Cares)
- Lt. Col. Melvin Russell (Chief, Community Partnerships Baltimore Police)
- Bishop Harry Jackson (The Reconciled Church),
- Rev. Derek McCoy (C.U.R.E./Maryland Family Alliance),
- Pastor Toni Draper (Freedom Temple AME Zion)
- Bishop Abel Palomo (House of Prayer)
- Pastor Benjun Uybengkee (River of Life Int'l)
- Rev. Dr. Harold Carter, Jr. (New Shiloh Baptist)
- Rev. Dr. Errol Gilliard (Greater Harvest/President, Baptist Ministers Conference)
"The police department needs the help of grassroots partners to ensure community safety. Once again, we call on the church to help lead the way to Baltimore's peace and reconciliation."
~ Lt. Col. Melvin Russell
"In Baltimore's unprecedented spiritual crisis Church and community, united, will invoke Baltimore's highest power, its surest hope. We'll find value in the crisis."
~ Bishop Willard Saunders
"After prayer, churches across Maryland will work together to create a greater sense of peace and reconciliation on the streets of our communities."
~ Bishop Harry R. Jackson, Jr. of The Reconciled Church Movement
Noon Rash Field, 201 Key Hwy., Inner Harbor
12:30 pm Created for So Much More, 701 Cherry Hill Rd.
1:30 pm Baltimore Ablaze, 1310 N Stricker St.
2:30 pm Grace Baptist, 3201 The Alameda
4 pm Motorcade concludes at Frederick Douglass High School (across from Mondawmin Mall)