Creating Peace in Israel/Palestine
Questionable theology has historically alienated Palestinian Christians from their brothers and sisters in the US. More and more Evangelicals, Palestinians, and Israelis are working to change that. Here are a few things you can do to support peace with justice in Israel and Palestine:
1. Sign the Bethlehem Affirmation affirming your support of peace with justice in Israel and Palestine. Then, let your representative in Washington, D.C. know that you want the U.S. to act to help Palestinians.
2. Read books by Palestinian Christians and by sympathetic Christians and Jews. Better, get a few friends to read the books and hold a discussion group. Here are a few we recommend:
- Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour
- Palestinian Memories by Alex Awad
- The Land of Christ by Yohanna Katanacho (available soon in the U.S.)
3. Read and discuss Christ at the Checkpoint.
4. Contact ESA if you are interested in visiting Palestine and Israel, to fellowship with Palestinian Christians and experience the realities on the ground.