Resources for the #PrayforDREAMers Public Prayer Campaign
Thank you for signing up to pray in public for the protection of immigrant families. This PrayforDREAMers resource page contains suggestions for action, digital downloads for use during your prayer time, and images to share on social media.
Spread the Word
- Share photos and prayers on social media with the hashtag #PrayforDREAMers.
- Watch a Facebook Live recording of ESA’s New Copernican salon “Giving DACA a Human Face” with DACA recipient Vanessa Upegui
- Follow ESA on Facebook and Twitter for other images and updates to share. You can also join the ongoing Facebook event.
- Send the #PrayforDREAMers page to five friends and ask them to join you.
- PrayforDREAMers poster (free download).
- PrayforDREAMers flier (free download).
- Don’t have green index cards handy? Print and cut this one!
- Kenji Kuramitsu’s A Booklet of Uncommon Prayer includes many prophetic pleas for the protection of vulnerable people, including those at risk of deportation.
- CCDA’s Camino de Sueños campaign: https://ccda.org/camino-de-suenos/.
- To help your community explore the issue of immigration as it relates to the Christian faith more deeply, you can download ESA’s free study guide.
You can pray on your own or with a group.
- On your own: take a green index card, go to the intersection nearest you, and pray the Lord’s prayer or your own prayer for healing, justice, and a legislative solution for DREAMers.
- In a group: take posters (available for free download) and green index cards, go to a visible intersection in your city. Pray the Lord’s prayer and hold a vigil for 15-30 minutes, praying as you are led.
- At key legislative moments: Gather for prayer around government symbols (a border wall, a federal office building, a flagpole) and offer prayers for healing, justice, and the passage of the DREAM Act. We will send you an email notification when there’s something urgent you need to know.
We are standing with DREAMers on Thursdays at 5:00 pm, and hope you will join us then. But the most important part of this effort is the action, not the specific day and time. Choose a day and time that you can pray consistently until legislation is passed. Pray the next time your book clubs meets or your band rehearses; pray as you transition from Sunday School to the Sunday worship service; pray after dinner, before walking into swim lessons, or on the way to school. Just choose a time and pray.
The #PrayforDREAMers prayer campaign will end when Congress passes clean legislation that ensures the security and stability of families and honors the image of God in every person. The Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) will be gathering green and yellow index cards with prayers for (green) and from (yellow) DREAMers for a Camino de Sueños event in Washington, D.C., in early December, 2017. We encourage you to send your cards in support. Mail to: PO Box 367, Wayne PA 19087.